The Social Media Manager will lead the process of content and lead generation, marketing copy, blogs, email and text marketing and social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. They would also need to have an obsession with detail, exceptional time management, and organizational skills, be familiar with Google Analytics, social media platform analytics and have the ability to connect with animal breeding industries that Hired Hand serves, all in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate also has the knowledge to use Adobe Creative Suite programs to create the branded imagery for our social media campaigns.
The majority of work includes, but not limited to
- Managing and growing our brand across all social media
- Designing for digital (social media campaign graphics, email marketing templates, digital display ads, multimedia/video, etc.)
- Creating for digital (lead and content generation, advertising, resources and more)
- Managing our e-mail marketing campaigns for both our internal brand and some of our customers
- Managing our text message platform and campaigns.
- Marketing planning & implementation, collaborating directly with the Partner in charge of Sales and Marketing.
Our ideal Social Media Manager candidate is passionate, relentlessly curious, wants to be challenged and likes working with others in a small but growing office. A love for animals or a background with agriculture or breeding animals is a definite bonus!
- Utilize creative insight and social media knowledge to design and produce a variety of social initiatives and materials including but not limited to: Social media brand and other campaigns, paid social media advertising, E-blasts, Text Messaging campaigns, other Social Media graphics, Animated GIFs, Video/Animation, Web banners, e-zines and more.
- Manage daily social media marketing including creating posts, managing engagement, promotions and contests
- Build & refine a content creation, delivery and measurement process for social media posts and paid advertising
- Generate leads and convert leads to customers within paid media space
- Effectively manage and optimize social media advertising rates through biddable channels and direct publishers
- Measure on-going social media campaigns and evaluate our campaign ROI
- Work with our Partner in charge of Sales & Marketing on initiatives and be responsible for providing a high level of design by strategically ensuring that all marketing creative is consistent with the Hired Hand brand guidelines; attracts positive attention with a distinctive appeal; is attractive and visually appealing; and is technically correct
- Take ownership of projects. Work effectively under deadlines and manage multiple projects with evolving requirements. Self-manage schedules and tasks, and assist with the tracking and billing of time to clients.
- Maintain professional rapport and have communications with clients, outside vendors, and other firms regarding the production of material within the agreed deadlines, specifications, and budget for each job (when necessary).
- Design/Work in a Mac environment, using expert-level skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite and social media schedulers.
- Effectively manage a budget
- College degree in Social Media Marketing or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in Social Media Marketing, e-mail marketing and more preferred
- Knowledge of 3rd party mobile app tracking
- Experience or knowledge of CPC and CPE buying
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) as well as Mac OS platform. Working knowledge or willingness to learn to create video and motion graphics using Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects desirable for social media.
- Top-notch concept development abilities, writing skills, superior design aptitude and fast production skills.
- A passion for the creative process and meticulous with design details and quality of work
- Background in Agriculture or with animals a plus
Job Type: Starting at 20 Hours/Week with the potential to grow to Full Time
Job Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Required experience: 2 years
Think you’re interested?
2. Submit 3 varying portfolio samples electronically with your resume. Sending a link to instead of an attachment is recommended.
3. Wait for our phone call regarding the Creative Specialist position. If you’re selected you’ll be notified of a date, time and meeting place for an interview. Interviews will take place the week of May 8th.
We look forward to having the right candidate on board.