| Jan 17, 2012
With 1 out of every 2 people using smart phones and with tablet use on the rise, we thought we’d talk a little bit about apps. Apps are software on mobile devices that are used to help users perform specific tasks, whether the tasks be for business or pleasure. The Top Ten Apps Downloaded in 2011 according to Mashable were…
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Google Maps
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Fruit Ninja
- Talking Tom Cat
In addition to the top ten apps, we have compiled our own list of apps we found useful and fun…
- Dropbox- An easy way to share pictures, documents and video with others without sending an email.
- Hootsuite- If you use a lot of social media sites to stay in contact with others. This is an easy way to see all your posts, tweets, etc. at once.
- Pandora- Personal Internet Radio- Lets you create stations based on an artist’s name. Pandora will then play music from the artist you selected and similar artists. It will also give you the lyrics and info about the artist. There are a couple minor setbacks with the free version, you are limited to the number of hours you can listen and there are a few commercials every once in a while.
- Spotify- It’s a digital music jukebox. You’ll have millions of songs at your fingertips. If you hear a song you like you can “Flag” it to one of your song list so you can listen to it over and over again.
- Highrise- A CRM(customer relationship management) system that allows many users to easily update and keep track of business contacts and projects.
- Groupon- Gives you deals every day for a specific area chosen by you. Deals can be for restaurants, spa services, family activities and more. The deals only last for a few hours so act fast.
- Kayak- Compares several travel site at once so there’s no need to check multiple websites for the best rate.
- Pinterest- A place for individuals to share and "Pin" travel pictures, ideas for decorating, DIY’s, technology news, recipes, photography and so much more. Ladies, it’s hours of fun.
- Wunderlist- An easy to use app that allows you to create multiple lists and tasks. The lists can be shared with other users as well.
- CamCard- Tired of typing in the contact info from business cards? This is the app for you! Simply take a picture of the business card and all the contact information is automatically stored in your phone.
- BroStache- Not sure how to describe this one…just check it out
Many of these apps will sync with your computer, smart phone and tablet. These are just a few of the apps we use. Let us know below of any apps you find useful or interesting.